I've been working with digital media for over 10 years, and I love learning new things everyday. My enthusiasm for technology is the human factor, the interface and the users experience are the keystones to any well executed solution. With a background in design and engineering, I think with an artistic and scientific mindset - bringing a unique perspective to the table.
To start my career, I did a tour in the Navy where I studied electronics engineering. Later, I received an honorable discharge from the Navy and I joined a Department of Defense Contractor. Where I worked on the Navy's shipboard CCTV systems as the lead engineer for the prototyping and build of the next generation broadcast studio system for larger Navy vessels.
I've studied engineering, psychology and design, in 2014 I graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Web Design and had a 4.0 GPA. Today, my favorite exercise is collaborating with team members to design and build game changing experiences from the ground up. ...see more.
“Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent.” — Joe Sparano
Clifford Ryan Nelson
- +10 years engineering and design experience
- a pragmatic and logical problem solver, motivated and inspired by design and technology
Platt College San Diego — Bachelors of Science in Media Arts - 2014
- GPA: 4.0, Class Valedictorian
- Relevant Coursework: Fundamentals of Web Design, Web Campaign Implementation, Design for Usability, Responsive Web Design, Programming for Designers, Scripting for the Web, Content Management Systems
- Software & Other: JIRA, Git, Grunt, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, Adobe Creative Suite ( PS, AI, AN, PR, ID )
- Practices: Agile Development, Mobile First Responsive Web Design
Senior Creative Developer AKQA
- Production environment developing direct mailers for client
- Pixel perfect production from PSD to HTML.
- HTML/CSS for email user agents.
Software Engineer & Experience Design Prototyper Intuit TurboTax
- 2015-2017, on contract through Integrated Associates
- Explore new product concepts through delivery of innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from designers and researchers